It is baking season everyone. It’s safe to say you’re probably having some type of Christmas party every weekend of December that requires you to bake something tasty. Cookies are always a delightful holiday treat for a Christmas occasion, especially for Santa Claus.
Baking cookies from scratch is definitely fun, but can be time consuming with all the work you need to do. After doing some research on easy ways to bake cookies, I developed a simple recipe of my own.
These cookies take about an hour and a half to make, doesn’t require many ingredients, and come out tasting AMAZING.
I made two types of holiday cookies: Chocolate, Candy Cane Cookies with White Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Sno Cap Cookies.
1 Box of Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix
2 Candy Canes
1 Bag Of White Baking Morsels
1 Box of Sno Caps
1/2 Cup Of Vegetable Oil
1. Grab a bowl and pour in the eggs and vegetable oil. Stir those up well.
2. Add in the entire box of cake mix. Stir until it is well mixed.
3. Optional: Pour half of batter into another bowl to create different sets of cookies. If you are just doing one kind, there’s no need to split the batter.
4. Place both candy canes onto a cutting board and begin chopping up the candy cane with a knife. Note: this might be unsafe for children, instead of doing this, you can just buy a bag of already chopped candy cane.
5. Sprinkle candy cane pieces and white chocolate morsels into mix. Begin to whisk the added elements in well.
6. Do the same with the Sno Caps in your other bowl. Add as many as desired into the mix and stir it well.
7. Cover both bowls with aluminum foil and place them in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
8. Pre-heat the oven to 350°
9. After the hour is up, roll dough into balls, and place them on a baking sheet. Bake them in the oven for 8 minutes and you’ve got your cookies!
Soft, delicious, and festive! Everyone will love these cookies, they’ll be the talk of the party! They taste even better when dipped in milk. Even Santa will definitely love these 😉.