Currently, COVID-19 has hit the world in a turn of unfortunate events and people are urged to stay inside. With this going on, I try to stay positive everyday. It’s importnt to keep yourself busy and remind yourself that everything will be okay. Positivity is always key.
That being said, I had decided to cook margarita chicken pasta the other, with the ingredients found in my kitchen. It’s always fun to experiment and in this case, it was a success! I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a great time cooking it at home.
This recipe is an adaption of this delicious one I found on Pinterest: https://carlsbadcravings.com/margherita-pasta-recipe/
1 lb of spaghetti
2 cups of diced chicken breast (I used Tyson grilled and ready chicken breast)
2 tblsp of olive oil
2 tblsp of butter
1/4 of onion, chopped
2 beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
3 tblsp of minced garlic
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 tsp of dried oregano, dried basil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta as directed on box in salted water. Cook chicken as desired, on stovetop or in oven.
2. Set the stove to medium and melt butter with olive oil in a large pan. Once melted, add in onions and half of the diced tomatoes. Begin to stir and continue to do so for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic and stir together.
4. Next, slowly add in the flour. Continue stirring as you add it in, the mix will begin to toughen.
5. Switch the heat to low and pour in the chicken broth, followed by the milk. Next you’ll sprinkle in all the spices. Continue stirring the ingredients together. After about 5 minutes, turn the heat to medium and let it simmer.
5. After letting it simmer for a bit, turn the heat down to low again. You will then stir in the Parmesan cheese. Continue stirring to make sure the cheese melts. After the Parmesan, stir in the mozzarella.
6. Once the cheese has melted, stir in the rest of the tomatoes and some more of the dried basil.
7. Pour chicken into your cooked pasta and mix together.
8. Lastly, pour chicken and pasta into the sauce and coat the spaghetti.
9. You can top the plate with more basil and tomato for an extra kick!