Hi my sweet-tooth readers! We have another delicious cookie recipe! Today we will be going through how to make my delicious Matcha Shortbread Cookies. These cookies are great to eat on their own or accompanied by tea. The recipe makes 15-20 cookies so they’re great for a small get together or for a tasty dessert after dinner with the family.
Also, if you aren’t the biggest matcha fan, just replace the matcha with lime. I did that for my family members that don’t like matcha and they loved their cookies.
1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter (Room temperature, cut into pieces)
1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 Large Egg
1/2 Tsp. of Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp. of Baking Powder
2 Tbsp. of Matcha Powder or Lime Juice
Rolling Pin or Wine Bottle
- Make sure you have cleaned your counter or table because you will be rolling out the dough.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix the flour and butter pieces in a bowl. You can either use a mixer or a whisk. After mixing that up for a bit, add in the rest of the ingredients. If you’re using sprinkles, add these in as well. You can add as many as you desire.
- After mixing for a bit, it should turn into a tougher substance, similar to play-dough. You need to start to knead it with your hands. Continue doing this until it turns into a giant dough ball.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the table and onto your dough. Take out the dough from the bowl and continue to knead it. Sprinkle a bit more flour on the table and on your rolling pin. If you don’t have a rolling pin, no worries. You can use a wine bottle to roll out your dough. It works just as fine.
- Sprinkle some of the matcha powdered onto your dough and fold the dough several times. Repeat this step until you’ve emptied all the matcha and your dough is a green color. Do the same if you are using lime juice or lime powder.
- Start rolling out your dough as thin and wide as you can. Make sure it’s all even. Once you’ve rolled it all out, take your cookie cutter and start cutting shapes. It’s really easy and the cut cookie shapes should come right off the table. Continue to sprinkle flour so your dough doesn’t stick to the table!
- Place all the cut cookies onto a cookie sheet that has been layered with parchment paper and put the tray into the oven. They should bake in there for about 13-15 minutes.
- Once they’re done, wait for them to cool and they’re ready to serve!